growing grass over previously mulched area

Hello!

I want to convert an area that used to have mulch on (area used to have shrubs and such) to an area covered by grass. I removed all the shrubs and such and have not remulched the area for a year or so, but there is still some dry mulch on top. Is there a way for me to grow grass on this area without totally removing all of the mulch? Would something as simple as putting soil on top of it do? Or some type of material that helps mulch decay so that I can put grass seed on it? Thanks!

Reply to
gc

"gc" wrote in news:LIGdnZgRu6gQHqbVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Just till the mulch in. It will quickly rot, improving the soil. Till in whatever else you need at the same time. Ask at a good local nursery what soil amendments are appropriate for your area.

Rent a tiller and get it done in 20 minutes.

Reply to
Steve