grass seed in canada

With all the different grass seeds available, in general what is the best grass seed combination for me? I live in Ontario Canada. the lawn is in full sun. I have had past problems with chinch bugs in current grass.

SaM

Reply to
SaM

Sod in Ontario is grown from perennial ryegrass and kentucy bluegrass. Both do well in full sun conditions. Sooooo... if you are trying to match what's left of your existing lawn and prevent it looking patchy I would recommend a blend of those two.

btw. you should always buy your grass seed from a garden centre or nursery and not from a hardware store. The few dollars more that you may spend on the seed will be well worth it.

Also August is the best time to seed a new lawn here.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Hi Peter, are they playing around with any of the turf-type tall fescue blends up there?

Reply to
Steveo