Grass....how high

should the last end of the season cut be in the North country be.I cut 3 to 4 inches high during the summer.Cut long or short?

Cut long. Protects the soil.

Wrong.
Cut it short on your -last cutting- to help prevent snow mold/matting.

If it snows... (global warming) Dave
Dave wrote:

It'll snow.

Don't snow too much in Northern FL or regions of northern Australia. We'll see... Dave

Don't let the kangaroo kick you in the crotch.

Thanks, Al.
Steveo wrote:

What he said. [:^)
JM wrote:

In the south, I imagine a winter mow would be long. In the north, if you get a lot of snow, you want to cut short. Cool season grasses like to winter at 2 inches. Helps prevent the fungi.
On Oct 9, 12:08 pm, do snipped-for-privacy@do.com wrote:

Maybe your grass is different than mine, but I can't tell mine when to stop growing. Here at the NJ shore, I typically cut into mid Dec, at which point the grass is still slowly growing. The point being that for most people, when they last cut it, it's still going to grow a bit after that. So, cutting it on the short side is preferred.
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote: snip

Nice description, trade.
do_see wrote:

location location location is very important when making these maintenance decisions.
location
and then there is turf type....