Going green...

My county extension office has recommended (based on a soil sample) a

15-0-15 for my St. Augustine lawn, and given me a list of organic soil amendments (bloodmeal, bonemeal, etc). How do I know how much of each to buy/ mix? Here?s what I?ve got:

Amendment Affect on pH Major Nutrient supplied

Bloodmeal Acid 12% Nitrogen Bonemeal Alkaline 22%Phosphorous Fishmeal Acid 10% Nitrogen Wood Ashes Alkaline 4-10% Potassium Peat Acid 1-3% Nitrogen Mushroom Compost Acid 2% Nitrogen Seaweed - 4 -10% Potassium Biosolids (Milorganite) - 5% Nitrogen

My numbers: pH was 5.7 (target 6.5) phosphorus 15 ppm potassium 37 ppm magnesium 69 ppm calcium 675 ppm

You may surmise (correctly) that I haven?t got a clue. Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

Shanghai McCoy

The compounds listed are good for organic gardens, but for lawns just buy 15-0-15 fertilizer. You can lime now to correct the pH, but wait until late spring to fertilize St. Augustine. Your Extension agent should have provided application rates with your soil report.

KC

Reply to
KC

Thanks for the reply! Trying to get away from the yard service, for obvious reasons. I did get application rates.. just didn't know what the hell I was looking at. Thanks again!

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy