Garden Mulch

hey anyone have any recomendations on what to use as a vegetable garden mulch?
I need something to reduce my use of water this season
and something that wont cause mold to grow
I have a pretty decent sized garden 20 x 30 with raised beds .. well pathways anyway .
snipped-for-privacy@anonamoo.com said:

Straw.
Mulch helps retain water, and keeps the surface of the bed dark. Why wouldn't mold thrive in such conditions?

HTH
--

Eggs

-There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
Why not try some cardboard or newspaper, which will blow away if dry an
windy, or if you are cutting back perennials or even grass clippings us those.
http://tinyurl.com/ynubj
-- bullthistle