GARDEN FROM SCRATCH

Hi,
I have just cleared my backyard and am ready to start my new garden. I have gardened before but on a much smaller scale and never from the bottom up. Any suggestions? I live in the New Orleans area. I wish there was someone that would be willing to come look and help me. I can't afford a landscaping company, but would love some additional input.
THANKS!

Free advice is usually available locally at the local nursery. Other input from neighbors with gardens can help. Some might come over as do the look-see. You don't need a big advice filtration system from advice originating from the entire U.S. as a result. Dave