Fescue and allergies

Is it generally true that Fescue is the source of many allergies people have in Summer? I asked here recently about replanting and overseeding my sun drenched lawn and the response I got back was "fescue". Now I'm wondering if in doing that I'm going to be feeding my hay fever during the summer.
Eigenvector said:

bent? Is that yoo?
--

Eggs

To a worm, digging in the hard ground is more relaxing than going fishing.

It isn't the grass, it is the pollen. We have a dog that has terrible allergy problems. After allergy tests ($$), it was determined that fescue and bermuda pollen are two of her biggest sensitivities.
Not much you can do to eliminate the problem, given that airborne grass pollen travels a long way.
So, to answer your question... I dunno if it is "generally" true that fescue is the source of many allergies, but it IS a source for some allergies.
KB
Quote: Eigenvector wrote on Fri, 17 August 2007 20:31 ----------------------------------------------------

I don't know how big your lawn is but unless your in the middle of 40 acres I guess your allergies are going to be more impacted by all the land around you rather than just your yard (assuming it's an airborne problem and not just physical contact).
And I think most airborne allergies come from the pollen which I guess doesn't get real bad unless the grass goes to seed. - I'm just guessing on that point ;)
-
Richard Thoms President - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals http://www.TopServicePros.com