Fertiser mess

Hi

I put some fertiliser on my lawn yesterday and it was windy. Over night I find my curb stones are now stained brown - quite badly in places.

Any advice on how to get these stains off ........ I am nearly in tears.

David

Reply to
David

Did your food contail iron?

Reply to
Steveo

Good day David. First off, don't be too hard on yourself about this. Many people have done this to sidewalks..etc with fertilizer. This issue is that the fertilizer had/has iron in it. Your not going to get it out of the stone/sidewalk if it's _real_ bad, but only lessen it.

If the stain is light, then pressure washing them _may_ work. Otherwise you'll have to use muraic acid, which may damage the stone. Your mileage may vary. All you can do at this point is to learn from the error and to grab the broom/leaf blower when you fertilize. Better luck to you David.

Reply to
Timothy

Thanks for the encouragement, I tried vinegar with no success - will try my powerwasher this weekend.

I thought gardening was meant to be relaxing.

David

Reply to
David