Fertilizer and Rain

Page 2 of 2
Peter Pan wrote:

http://www.lesco.com /

bag)
time
from memory I don't think it is recommended to lime and fertilise at the same time. Fertilising should be done several weeks after liming. I can't tell you why, I didn't retain that bit of info. It may have negligible impact doing the 2 together mind. Close enough is good enough much of the time. I guess it is a rule you observe if you want to do it proper.
rob

The limestone based products which are what almost everyone is using can be applied at the same time as fertilizer. It takes a long time for anything to happen with the limestone, typically months, as it's slow to react and change the soil PH.
On Apr 1, 5:07 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Correct. Lime moves thru average soil at the rate of about 1 inch per year. That's why it's best to lime & till the soil before you plant your grass. That's also why healthy turf only needs liming every 5 or so years.