Fertilize or re-seed? Which first?

I've got a nice yard.. about 1 1/2 acres. It's pretty green but not all of it's grass. I've been thinking about spreading some weed and feed on it but we've had so much damn rain. I've also to some spots that are a little thin and I wanted to re-seed that as well. Which should I do first? Treat the existing grass and weeds and re-seed later or vice versa?
--Chamberlin

It's getting too hot for seed right now.
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Thanks.

of those thin spots in the mean time.
--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

While you could fertilize (12-24-12) around the thin spots, the summer (heat) will start soon and extra watering would be required (due to fertilizing). If the spots aren't too big, you could cut sod from one part of the yard and replace the thin spots with plugs (depends on the grass type you have). Or, just dig up the thin spots, loosen (aerate) the soil, add a low numbered fertilizer, mix well, and allow the neighboring grass to fill in. Or, just wait until the fall (cooler weather) to reseed the spots (dig up the area, loosen the soil, and reseed).