Fertilize or re-seed? Which first?

I've got a nice yard.. about 1 1/2 acres. It's pretty green but not all of it's grass. I've been thinking about spreading some weed and feed on it but we've had so much damn rain. I've also to some spots that are a little thin and I wanted to re-seed that as well. Which should I do first? Treat the existing grass and weeds and re-seed later or vice versa?

--Chamberlin

Reply to
jbrianchamberlin

I'd weed -n- feed it now, then seed it in late summer/early fall.

It's getting too hot for seed right now.

Reply to
Steveo

Thanks.

Reply to
jbrianchamberlin

NP..fall is great for seeding, and your feeding now my fill in some of those thin spots in the mean time.

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
evolutionman 2004