Fairy Rings

Hello, neihbours got major fairy rings. Got a couple just starting to show on my front yard.

I heard that plug aerating can help.

Anyone heard of this?

Thanks in advance, Dave

Reply to
Dave

It can't hurt, but the only real cure is to remove whatever is rotting from your subsoil. Tree stumps and home building debris are the most common culprits for fairy ring.

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
evolutionman 2004

Reply to
Icarii

No, you won't spread it. Aerate the whole lawn at least once if you're paying for a rental.

The rings won't change much from your aeration job, but the whole lawn will thank you for it.

The rings will subside a bit when the weather cools off, don't be fooled into thinking the aeration helped.

btw...we don't aerate untill Septemer, here in Ohio.

"Icarii" wrote:

Reply to
Steveo

Fairy Ring is a springtime disease. I doubt that's your problem. I would consider other diseases.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H