Fairy Rings

Hello, neihbours got major fairy rings. Got a couple just starting to show on my front yard.
I heard that plug aerating can help.
Anyone heard of this?
Thanks in advance, Dave

is rotting from your subsoil. Tree stumps and home building debris are the most common culprits for fairy ring.
Just a question If you aerate will you spread the disease to other parts of the lawn or are we talking just aerating the effected areas thanks Icarii

No, you won't spread it. Aerate the whole lawn at least once if you're paying for a rental.
The rings won't change much from your aeration job, but the whole lawn will thank you for it.
The rings will subside a bit when the weather cools off, don't be fooled into thinking the aeration helped.
btw...we don't aerate untill Septemer, here in Ohio.

Fairy rings are formed from fungal mycellial webs (underground) which are breaking down something under the ground. You could lift the affected lawn sodding (including several feet in front of the spreading ring) and remove the debris. Or, you could just let the ring run its course. Unless the lawn above it is dying (then it's probably brown spot -- treat with a fungicide), don't worry about it. It won't hurt anything.

Fairy Ring is a springtime disease. I doubt that's your problem. I would consider other diseases.
Peter H