electric chipper shredder

Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and found them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

In a word - no !!
Srgnt Billko wrote:

Look at his last word - NOT! I agree.
Tom J
Srgnt Billko wrote:

Not unless it has a 15 horse three phase 440 volt motor on it.
--
Booboo ? 3 :) 7/8

"booboo 0/00 :)" wrote:

The one that comes down my street every Monday is diesel engine driven and has a 3 foot X 3 foot opening. It can chip anything the city workers can lift and shove in it, and hardly come off idle.
Tom J
Tom J wrote:

did you ever notice how government has the best of machinery? no matter the cost government has it. new trucks every two years, government has it. while I watch the average tax payer struggle with their older truck and machinery that's just under size or worn out I never see government having to make do. must be nice to have an unlimited source of income so as to be able to always buy the biggest most powerful machine.
I should stop short of criticizing government because people love their government and city people they really love government...
Jim wrote:

My city wife likes to clip the coupons and hit every major grocery chain in the State of Georgia - in a 3 mile radius of where we live!! She despises the city government!! I could care less, because at our age, we are getting tax breaks that puts our taxes below what they would be in rural areas of GA!! Taxes on our 3 bedroom brick are under $300 a year, garbage, trash & limb/brush removal are free!! OH, and our veggie plot is in the front lawn and meets code!!
Tom J
Several years back I bought a Troy built 5 hp model. I think it would take limbs up to an inch and a half/two inches. It was OK on the little stuff. The larger limbs were a little more difficult. More like grinding down rather than chipping up. Doing the leaves was really dusty and they didn't break up very much; still had a lot of bulk and the discharge bag had to be emptied too frequently. Having said all of this, I'd recommend one only if you had a large quantity of 1 inch or smaller diameter limbs that you were wanting to get rid of and didn't have a place to burn them or you wanted to use them to make mulch .
Wanna buy mine?

JB wrote:

Probably would have trouble with a dead body or a live one.
--
Booboo ? 3 :) 7/8