electric chipper shredder

Anyone ever use one of these things. I was looking around and found them on ebay for 150. Are they worth a darn or not?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

In a word - no !!

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Look at his last word - NOT! I agree.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Several years back I bought a Troy built 5 hp model. I think it would take limbs up to an inch and a half/two inches. It was OK on the little stuff. The larger limbs were a little more difficult. More like grinding down rather than chipping up. Doing the leaves was really dusty and they didn't break up very much; still had a lot of bulk and the discharge bag had to be emptied too frequently. Having said all of this, I'd recommend one only if you had a large quantity of 1 inch or smaller diameter limbs that you were wanting to get rid of and didn't have a place to burn them or you wanted to use them to make mulch .

Wanna buy mine?

Reply to
JB

Not unless it has a 15 horse three phase 440 volt motor on it.

Reply to
"booboo £ ¥ 0/00 :)"

The one that comes down my street every Monday is diesel engine driven and has a 3 foot X 3 foot opening. It can chip anything the city workers can lift and shove in it, and hardly come off idle.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

did you ever notice how government has the best of machinery? no matter the cost government has it. new trucks every two years, government has it. while I watch the average tax payer struggle with their older truck and machinery that's just under size or worn out I never see government having to make do. must be nice to have an unlimited source of income so as to be able to always buy the biggest most powerful machine.

I should stop short of criticizing government because people love their government and city people they really love government...

Reply to
Jim

My city wife likes to clip the coupons and hit every major grocery chain in the State of Georgia - in a 3 mile radius of where we live!! She despises the city government!! I could care less, because at our age, we are getting tax breaks that puts our taxes below what they would be in rural areas of GA!! Taxes on our 3 bedroom brick are under $300 a year, garbage, trash & limb/brush removal are free!! OH, and our veggie plot is in the front lawn and meets code!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Probably would have trouble with a dead body or a live one.

Reply to
"booboo £ ¥ 0/00 :)"