Elecric mowers: Anyone have advice?

Thinking of buying a corded electric mower.

Advice?

Reply to
me

Don't run over the cord Other than that a neighbor has been happy with hers for several years. I have no opinion on brands.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Well, if you can afford it, I'd suggest the Neuton batterymowers. No cord to deal with. (There'd be no way I could manage a corded mower over the whole of my 45' x 300' lot anyway--though lots of that is hardscape or gardens, there are lawn areas all the way to the back.)

I have no connection, other than as a customer. I have the smaller, original version (like the CE 5.2), though if I were shopping now I might get the wider (and heavier) CE 6.2.

really like the fact that the batteries are easily removed. This is a huge advantage over other cordless mowers. My Neuton has proven much more reliable than the B&D mower I had before and still cuts the whole lawn on one charge. (With a spare battery available if needed.)

It's quiet enough that I can listen to my radio while I mow without threatening my ears. Quiet enough that people have stopped and asked about the mower.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

on 5/23/2008 1:35 PM snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net said the following:

OK for small lawns. Won't be too convenient for large lawns, unless you have sufficient extension cords. Like a corded upright vacuum cleaner, you need to keep the cord out of the way of the mower. I used to mow my aunt's small lawn with her corded electric mower. It was a PITA going around trees and other obstacles.

Reply to
willshak