Dumb question

I have looked for a "tree" newsgroup...they seem to be out there, but no posters in them. So I'm hoping someone here can shed some advice.

I live in north central Texas ...north of Dallas and south of Sherman if that helps. I have three huge cottonwood trees that are in front of my house. And another tree I'm trying to identify---they ALL seem to be losing leaves. Isn't it awfully early for fall? Do cottonwoods lose leaves in late July? I'm very worried...

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mary

Reply to
Mary Marzano

I know that here in Kentucky the cottonwoods and the populars are the very first to lose their leaves but July does seem very early.

Reply to
BRYAN ZACHARY

Well, I posted the same question to alt.forestry as suggested. I don't know what to try next. I used some of those tree fertilizer spikes thinking maybe they need iron or something ...and watered them heavily....and put mulch around them....eesh. Feeling like a nervous mother.

Thanks..I think it's early too. Or rather, too early, too.

sigh.

Reply to
Mary Marzano