dry lawn

--WebTV-Mail-24591-2921 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
I live in TN. and we are in arrears 8 inches of rainfall. I have watered once about a week ago and am concerned about weekly mowing. Will this just stress the lawn more?? We have an acre of lawn and clay soil. Watering extensively is too costly. Welcome any thoughts, thanks.
--WebTV-Mail-24591-2921 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-24591-2921--
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (larry d) wrote:

Shit can the html, webtv-tard.
Steveo said:

Their lawn's probably dry because it takes them so long to enter text into their webtv, instead of a computer. There's no time left to water it. =)
I'm tellin' ya dood, k/f everything originating from webtv. It makes for better reading. Same for G2. K/F googlegroup posts right off the bat, then upscore the /very/ few that are worth reading.
--

Eggs

If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
Thanks for the HTML advice.
I'm in Atlanta and have the same issue, although my yard isn't as big as yours. I was out flying yesterday in the North Georgia/East TN/SW N. Carolina area and can tell you that I've never seen so many brown yards and fields as I saw during yesterday's flight. It is VERY dry...
My suggestion is to raise your mowing height to the top of the acceptable range for your fescue, but continue cutting every week. When you do water, water deeply - don't just dampen the soil, soak it.
Oh yeah. And hope for rain.
KB
live in TN. and we are in arrears 8 inches of rainfall. I have watered<BR>once about a week ago and am concerned about weekly mowing. Will this<BR>just stress the lawn more?? We have an acre of lawn and clay soil.<BR>Watering extensively is too costly. Welcome any thoughts, thanks.<BR><BR> <P> <HR>
<P></P><FONT size=6></FONT>{}s,<FONT color=limegreen> Larry</FONT> </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Kyle Boatright said:

[...]
Please don't post in HTML.
Thanks.
--

Eggs

-I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a pre-frontal lobotomy.
I live in TN. and we are in arrears 8 inches of rainfall. I have watered once about a week ago and am concerned about weekly mowing. Will this just stress the lawn more?? We have an acre of lawn and clay soil. Watering extensively is too costly. Welcome any thoughts, thanks.
Larry
---------- Been watchin' the weather now for some time. Apparently the 3 year drought conditions of Texas have moved east. Lakes have filled up, they're opening the flood gates and making electricity again.
What I did during the drought period was mow the St. Augustine at the highest level my push mower has for height. Water started getting scarce in many wells, some were dry or near dry. I stopped watering the grass in mid-August. Was watering every week to 2 weeks. I stopped mowing in hopes that it would help keep more moisture content in the soil. Keep the grass alive at the root level anyway. Grass appeared dead around late September. Didn't start cooling off until late October here. Finally got some decent rain in January, little in February, then has been very good since to date for rain. Actually saw some mushrooms growing in a shaded area on some soil covered with cedar (juniper ashe) leaves due to the excessive moisture. St. Augustine, most rebounded and spreading again. Things looked gloomy for grass and doubtful of its survival for awhile.
Just publishing this for folks that may be in for a long haul drought.
Dave
I live in TN. and we are in arrears 8 inches of rainfall. I have watered once about a week ago and am concerned about weekly mowing. Will this just stress the lawn more?? We have an acre of lawn and clay soil. Watering extensively is too costly. Welcome any thoughts, thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (larry d) wrote:

Sure it will stress it somewhat. Don't mow it until it needs it, and set your mower on its highest cut setting.