Dollar weeds

I live in Jacksonville, Fl and the dollar weed problem is horrible here, does anyone know of a way to get rid of them, except useing "Scott's Bonus S" tried it last year killed my grass, not the dollar weed...

Peace to you, Oldsquid

Reply to
Oldsquid

Change to a liquid.

For St Augustine lawn [assume its floratam - most common variety]

You can get Atrazine at walmart; however you must read the directions on temperature. The brands that come in the white bottle have a white powder-like stuff in it which can dry and plug up your sprayer bottle

It can be applied no more than once a month. Lawn only; use a glyphosate like roundup in gardens

Calm-No wind!!

Its effective only when they are growing.

Its best to apply in the evening, [2nd choice-early am] 2 days before a rain [or using your sprinkler system]. Figure out your square footage. I use a hose end sprayer [labeled for weeds]- the simple kind like at walmart

Other grasses - weedbgone [the big refill tells which grasses are safe] And it comes in a bottle that you can attach to your hose. Strong stuff!!

Chances are there are oodles of seed just waiting to germinate.

I have a pair of rubber boots just for weed spraying

Reply to
lois

I have a mixed bag for grass... so, I'll just have to try the atrizne...

Thanks for your reply... Bill

Reply to
Oldsquid

Give a new Ferti-Lome product a try. Stuff is called Weed-Free Zone. It is a mixture of Trimec and a new herbicide by the name of carfentrazone. Kills only broadleaf weeds and is labeled for most all kinds of turf. Works in just a few days.

Reply to
Steve Parrish