Dollar weed

Any way to get rid of this stuff? It's taking over my back yard. I know it loves over-watering , but I haven't even started watering yet. We haven't had much sunshine either (NW Florida). Maybe that'll help dry things up a bit...
Shanghai McCoy said:

Because of your locale, are you *positive* it's /Hydrocotyle spp./ and NOT /Dichondra/? If you look at the underside of the leaf, where does the stem attach (center, or near the edge of the leaf)?
What type of turfgrass do you have?
--

Eggs

-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
On 3/22/2010 4:39 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Pretty sure it's Hydrocotyle spp - stem attaches to the center of the leaf. Turf is St. Augustine.
Shanghai McCoy said:

2,4-D is out then. it'll kill your grass. Atrizine was the perferred quick kill for /Hydrocotyle/ in St. Augustine turf, but it's been banned for homeowner's use (though it's still used by commercial applicators).
Look for a product called "Image" (Imazaquin). It's not real speedy, but it's safe on your particular turf (provided the grass is healthy and actively growing), and it works.
--
Eggs

-It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
On 3/22/2010 5:10 PM, Eggs Zachtly wrote:

Very good! Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Shanghai McCoy said:

No problem. Good luck!
--

Eggs

-Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
On 03/19/2010 03:33 PM, Shanghai McCoy wrote:

Just start rolling it and smoking it and the police will come and pull it all up.
--
LSmFT

Drive a little slower than the posted speed.......