Does Fertilizer Go Bad?

I'm about to move to another city, and I have several bags of fertilizer that are about 2 years old. They've been kept in an outdoor but covered environment, so while there has been no direct water contact, they have been exposed to central NC humidity (resulting in some "clods" within the bags).
I'm wondering if the chemicals have expired, meaning I shouldn't even bother moving them to my new house, or if they are ok to take so I don't have to buy new fertilizer for the new lawn.
Thanks for your help! Frank
Squanklin wrote:

Not sure, but I believe fertilizer should be good for just about forever.
--
Art

If it does go 'bad', does it start to smell 'good'?

What's the worst that could happen? We just had a shed clearout and found some old fertilizer and grass seeds and have spread it out over the grass. We watered it all well and even this morning this grass looks better ;)