Does anyone know of an easy way to pick up acorns?

We purchased a house last summer and realized in the fall that we had a huge amount of acorns. Does anyone know how to pick up acorns easily. Raking took forever last year. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
mike

Squirrels

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

I was going to say that but restrained myself....

How about neighborhood kids? Pay them $1.00 a pound or some such.

Reply to
DaveL

What's restraint ? I don't think squirrels are out of the question. You get a $30 hav-a-hart trap - go to a local place overrun with with squirrels - do them a favor and bring a few home. Feed them a little and they'll stick around. Once they find the nut tree they will never forget - and their appetite is verocious. A lawn sweeper might work also.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

Bring in raccoons to control your grub population, skunks work too.

Too practical.

Reply to
Steveo

Bad news - there is no easy way. I've got a bunch of mature oaks on my property and get several garbage bags of acorns at just about this time. If the grass is short and dry I use the power blower to round 'em up into piles and pick them up with broom dust pans into bags. Raking is a pain, but actually quite good for the lawn (power raking). The neighborhood kid thing is a good idea if you've got some good strong ones that don't wince at a little effort. Good luck.

Reply to
Merle O'Broham

Reply to
Phil

Check with your local golf course. Lots of times they know how to do the strangest of lawn care related chores. But, my guess is to use a lawn sweeper. Eric

Reply to
Eric