Do Lawn Sweepers Work???

I'm looking at a lawn sweeper in Northern catalog for about $250. How are they at picking up cut grass???
Thanks,
RO
RO wrote:

They work very well. I have one I've been using for about 10 years; still works fine.
I have a bit of personal experience involving sweepers (namely the Hardy Brinley). As they are sold, these things are about the worst device in the world to put together. Assembly = hours. Involves stretching nylon over tubing and paint that is quickly all scratched up. The parts are not exactly what you would call "heavy duty" either. I would therefore suggest that you purchase your sweeper from a machine shop (like where you bought your tractor). At the very least it will be preassembled-saving you a big old headache before you even hitch up. I'm under the impression that most of the sweepers out there are some incarnation of Hardy-Brinley or Agri-Fab. That being said, I really like the sweeper attachment's functionality. It picks up leaves, grass, twigs, pine needles, cigarette butts, bottle caps, and whatever else is hiding in your lawn. Seek out the toughest one you can afford. cj