DIY mower servicing

Hello,

I'm trying to service my Hayter self-propelled mower. I want to be able to get the blade off by unscrewing the nut underneath. unfortunately it has been put on too tight by one of those machines they use. I've trawled the DIY shops, but have been unable to get anything that will do the job. A simple sprocket set just isn't strong enough- I need a machine!

They must be available somewhere, but I need to know what they are called and where I can get one.

Thanks.

Reply to
gashton34

Impact%20Wrenches&cm_cat=Nextag&cm_ven=Aggregates

Reply to
Jim

Jim

Jim

Jim

Silly question, but you are turning it the right way aren't you?

Steven

Reply to
Steven Wayne

gashton34 wrote the following:

How about a Socket Wrench Breaker bar?

willshak

Absolutely. And if that doesn't do it slip a 3' piece of pipe over the breaker bar handle.

Reply to
Red

the breaker bar handle.

Don't know the name of it and it's out in the workshop under tons of other stuff, but there is a spray can of something, it foams when applied, and you soak the culprit overnight. The next morning you can almost loosen the thing with your fingers. If you want I'll try to find my can and give you the name.

Reply to
The Post Quartermaster

PB Blaster?

Reply to
JimR

I'll get back to ya.

Reply to
The Post Quartermaster

Sorry for the delay but I'm old and the workshop is a pretty good walk. The stuff is called Penetro 90. It works for me.

Reply to
The Post Quartermaster