Dixon ZTR 428 Transaxle Repair Help Needed

I have the above mentioned and the left pivot bolt (PN 2166) broke in half causing an almost complete loss of power on the left drive side. It looks fairly simple to replace, and I have ordered a new bolt and locknut, but I wanted to get an expert opinion on the repair if possible. My questions are:

1) How do you know when the pivot bolt is inserted far enough into the discup cradle pivot bushing? 2) Should I also replace the pivot bushing? If so, how to you get the old bushing out of the cradle housing? 3) Are there any alignment procedures that should follow this type of repair? If so, would anyone have a manual handy that could be emailed?

Please advise. Thanks! RD

Reply to
RD

is the 'right pivot bolt' working OK? judge by that one. alternately, post images online for -better- advice...

if it's worn...

is the bushing plastic? oillite? sometimes they'll just 'fall out', or can be driven out easily with a punch...there ARE other methods.

probably not, unless you suspect a bent frame, OR bent steering member...OR unless the steering 'is binding' after you reassemble it If so, would anyone have a manual handy that could be emailed? not me. have you tried looking on dixon's site?

Reply to
dave