Dish Detergent as Herbicide Wetting Agent

I am considering using household dishwashing detergent as a wetting agent for a herbicide. I am hoping it will allow a finer spray and help prevent the solution from beading up and rolling off of the leaves. Is this likely to work?
Charles P Lamb wrote:

Manufacturers spend a lot of time formulating these products for correct application. You're better off just following their instructions. Frank
Charles P Lamb wrote:

I use it and it works, especially on clover which sheds the herbicide almost immediately. They used to make a wetting agent that was meant to be mixed with herbicides. I remember it was a small bottle (about 3 oz.) containing a dark brown liquid that looked like overused motor oil. I couldn't find it anymore on the shelves.
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

http://NewsReader.Com /

Steveo wrote:

And they still make the commercial products designed for the same use too. Any good lawn/garden center or agri supply should have it.