debris fell into crankcase- how to remedy?

I changed the starter rope on my Toro today, but I accidently removed the oil dipstick along with the motor shroud when I was accessing the starter and debris fell into the exposed oil crankcase. Before I use the mower again, I need to remedy this situation. I know I'll have to change the oil, but should I do anything else before adding new oil? thank you

Reply to
jim-bob

You don't say what the "debris" is. If it's just some grass, dust, etc. then I'd change the oil, refill it, run it for a few minutes, then change the oil again.

Reply to
trader4