dead shrub question

Got a really full skirted cedar tree approx 7' high. This thing has died suddenly on us.
Is there any reason for me not to cut the trunk off below surface level, and then just smooth over the hole? Will we have any regrowth problems, or will the thing just stay cut off?
rb said:

I doubt it will sucker. It'll most likely provide some interesting mushrooms over the next couple years, as the roots decay. And, may leave a depression where the rootball is/was. If it's dead, digging the rootball from such a small tree should be easy enough, and would be the best way to go, IMO.
--

Eggs

-I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through...

LOL I thought you were calling the guy a sucker. I was thinking he didn't say anything to warrant that. Then I read the rest. Too much time in alt.guitar. ;)

ythread said:

THAT'S where I'd seen your nym! Man, that was driving me nuts! =) Lately, I've only been skimming that group, and catching it up. But, nah, I haven't called anyone a "sucker" since, oh, 1975. =D
--

Eggs

.sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

I thought I recognized your name too. I'm jthread and ythread. Laptop/PC
I got a good chuckle out of that
Jim