Cucumber Beetles and Maple Trees

I need someone to tell me whether or not the bacteria spread by cucumber beetles can also cause damage to autumn blaze red maples.
My maple got infested with spotted cucumber beetles this season and some of the leaves are about half eaten. And now some of the leaves are displaying wilt-like symptoms. I've read that bacterial wilt is usually terminal for trees, so I'm scared.
Anybody know for sure?
TIA -Mike
It's seems rather early for cucumber beetles to be out, and I've never heard of them being a pest on any trees. You wouldn't have a photo of the beetles on the maple, would you?? And, what zone are you in?
Suzy, Zone 5, Wisconsin

I'm in north-eastern Texas (zone 7, I believe). And there is a cornfield about three blocks from my house, so they probably migrated in from there. And it's been about 90 degrees here lately.
No photo of the beetles, but I know its them, for sure.