cub cadet rzt50

I am looking for information on the safety system. I was able to disconnect the seat so it does not know if I am on it, however when I go in reverse the PTO shuts off. This impacts the performance of my mowing and I would prefer to defeat this. I know if voids warranty and some would consider it a danger. The fact is the high end zero turns can go in reverse without shutting the PTO off.

3 safety switches. 1 involving the break 1 involving the seat 1 involving backing up & PTO shutting off.

1 under seat - simply disconnected and it no longer knows that I am not sitting on the seat. That one was easy.

2 setting the break - took the deck off and looked behind where the break is. A push button switch sensor is there but has many wires. Functionality: break must be set to start, break must be unset to engage PTO
  1. This is the one I am most concerned about. I have not found a sensor for yet. When mowing I like to move in reverse instead of turning sharp because it is harder on my lawn. The PTO shuts off when turning in reverse.

1 is figured out..

2 seems a little complex but not terribly important 3 impacts my lawn as zero turning digs the lawn up. Backing up a short bit is much better. If I could keep the PTO engaged I would back up. I feel it is hard on the unit if It shuts off when I am mowing.

please help with # 3 if you can.

Reply to
ckumlien

Dave

"Dave" ...

Lame useless link. The closest this comes is discussing PTOs that run in the reverse direction. I followed this useless link as I was interested in these things.

I tried 'PTO reverse switch cub cadet rzt50' and did not get anything either.

This is why he is asking here. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Sorry - no specifics - but instead of treating each safety switch individually can't you just disconnect the wire they feed to at the back of the ignition switch and put a jumper wire in there in place of ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

>> Lame useless link. The closest this comes is discussing PTOs that run in

The link mentions many different types of PTO overrides. I don't know which type of system this tractor/mower uses. How to override depends on the type. This is clued by the individual patent. Many patents were provided. Many had specifics such as I mentioned. Dave

Reply to
Dave