Craftsman Electric clutch

Anyone else having problems with there riding mower electric clutch spinning and ripping the wire out?

Reply to
Alan

Do you think it was something that could have broke. It worked fine for a couple of weeks after I bought it used and took off the snow blower. It's a

2005 that looks like new.

Reply to
Alan

I have never seen one break but you'd have to look at it to be sure. I have seen several that were not installed with the tabs on either side of the pin. This allows the clutch body to spin partway around and will eventually pull the wires out. Without being able to see it, I would put my money on improper installation.

Reply to
Artemis

Thanks Art, It's still under warranty, there coming out to fix it.

Alan

Reply to
Alan