Craftsman 5hp trac. any good?

I am considering trading my Toro 8/24 for a Craftsman 5/24 trac. And I am wondering if they are any good. Now before you beat the crap out of me, let me explain. We don't get monster snow storms, but we do get enough that a snowblower is a good thing to have, especially since I take care of my elderly neighbors, and I would be shoveling all day.

I would rather my wife not clear the driveway, but there are times that it is necessary due to me being away. We had a 5/24 MTD a few years ago, and I sold it not realizing that she liked to use it. The Toro is a beast and a little difficult for her to handle. I think that 5hp is enough motor, I am just not sure about the unit all together.

The MTD had trigger steering, and was a breeze. Is the Craftsman trac easy to manuver?

thx

Reply to
dave

[...]

I had a Craftsman trac (can't remember the size) and traded it to my nephew for a same size wheel machine because I needed something more manueverable. That was a few years ago and probably the newer ones are better.

Reply to
Srgnt Billko