Crabgrass Tampa FL-what to do?

Greetings, I live in the Tampa, FL area and have Crabgrass that grows very well. What can I do to get rid of it? Seems like it spreads more and more each year. A net search did not turn up much useable info for me. Also does weed and feed do anything this time of year? Thanks

Crabgrass can be eliminated through the application of a pre emergent that is appropriately labeled. Apply it during the wet season and prior to emergence. Times vary with geographical region, so contact your local county extension agent for specifics.
Hi. I'm in Sarasota. You need to get a pre-emergent herbicide put down when the soil temps hit around 55 degrees. In our area that is late Jan early Feb. The extension office and the University of Fla have more info on their websites.
Merry Christmas
Dave G