Crab Grass - Too Late?

Is it too late to lay down a pre-emergent? I've been so tied up with work and other stuff that I haven't had a chance up to now, but I'm guessing I should save my money and just live with it this year (again!).
I generally use corn glutton meal on the lawn but have a few really stubborn areas along the driveway and sidewalk so I thought I'd use a stronger solution on those places.
I live just outside of Boston, MA (Zone 6 I think).
Thanks.
You can use "Crabgrass Killer" in the middle of Summer. That will kill the plants before they drop seeds for next year's crop. A pre-emergent killer next year will help, also.

Jeff wrote:

road and drive even earlier. Blacktop areas heat up faster and seed may germinate there before you put down premeg. I like to get it down before forsythias bloom.

The general advice I go by is to put it down when the forsythias are blooming. On the other hand, if you look at Scotts pre-emergent, the bag says to put it down before daytime temps regularly get into the 80's. On the other hand, the only areas I have problems with are also within 3 feet of the curb. I've begun to wonder if it's because those areas heat up faster and the pre-emergent needs to go down even earlier. It also could be that because those areas of the lawn receive the most stress all summer, are more open to thinning out, etc, that this is what enables the crabgrass to occur there.
There is also differences in the types of pre-emergents. Most only prevent germination. Dimension will also kill off very early actual plants as well. That's what I would use at this point.
Thanks all, good advice. I'll plan on extra early next year and just try to control things this year. Also thinking about tearing up the lawn bordering the driveway and making plant beds or something.
It's always something! :-P

control things right now fwiw.
Lesco has a product with a pre-emergent and a POST emergent. It will kill crab grass after it germinates. Scots only has a Pre-emrgent www.lesco.com find a dealer near you... Don't use Scotts their product isn't as good as they think it is, they just have a more familiar name