Corylus avellana contorta propagating

Hi all, I have a Corylus avellana contorta in my backyard that is a joy to watch, especially in winter. I would like to propagage this tree, but I am a complete beginner. There is a contorted sucker from this summer. How can I use this sucker to propagate my beautiful tree? Long replies are OK, since I know very little about gardening.

Thank you very much for your help, Victor

Reply to
victor_in_norhteast

propagage?

victor_> Hi all, I have a Corylus avellana contorta in my backyard that is a joy to

Reply to
JillAdams

Won't take a long reply. If you know very little about gardening, we'll not get into grafting. That's the only propagation method I'm aware of for that species. It's most likely grafted onto another root stock, already. If you want another specimen, your best bet would be to purchase one.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Reply to
victorff

You're welcome, Victor. Sorry I couldn't give you the answer that you really wanted.

G/L

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly