Corn & Melon Seed

My grandfather use to test his corn and melon seed by placing in a tub of water and separating those that float from those that sink. He always had a vigorous crop! Unfortunately, I can not remember whether it is the float seed or the sink seed that you retain when dealing with corn and melons. With annual flowers, it is the seed that sinks which you plant and you discard the seed that floats...but something tells me good melon seed always floats and good corn seed always sinks.

Anyone have any wisdom or insight regarding this perplexing question? Thanks!

WJW in Colorado Springs

Reply to
WJW