control of crabgrass,goose grass in vinca

Is there a crabgrass/goose grass pre-emergent safe to use in vinca (myrtle)?
Thanks
Chas Hurst wrote:

I've been tossing pre-emergent into my vinca minor (periwinkle) and ivy for the last few years without hurting either. Frank

What pre-emergent are you using?
Mike wrote:

Lesko (Home Depot) and K-gro (K Mart). Have not compared chemicals on bag but I assume pre-emergent only stops seeds from sprouting and should not harm existing rooted stuff. My ivy is a mess and this stuff has taken out a lot of grassy weeds but big problem is rats with hooves. I did not think they ate it until this year when a section close to house was obviously grazed during the winter. So in addition to the pre-emergent, I've added netting to the mix ;) Frank