Concrete under lawn

I bought a house last year and have finally got around to starting to sort out the garden.

For some strange reason there is a block of concrete in the middle of the rear lawn. I thought it may have been used by the previous owner for positioning a washing line or something similar. So I set about digging it up only to find that the concrete actually goes under a fairly large section of the lawn and not just the section in which it is exposed.

I'm planning to dig it up and then either lay some new seed of turf, but before I started I just wanted to check if there is any reason why it may be necessary to keep it there.

I can't think of any and I'm actually surprised the lawn has managed to survive and grow over it.

||Filename: lawn3.jpg | |Download:
||Filename: lawn5.jpg | |Download:
DaveJ86

Any chance it is the top of a septic system?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Remnants of a gunite swimming pool?