Composting tea bags

I'm assuming the tea leaves themselves are compostable, but will the bags break down in the compost bin? I tend to drink a lot of tea, and do compost the leaves after brewing loose-leaf tea. I'm just not sure if I should do same with my bagged tea.
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:58:59 -0400, MPost wrote:

Eventually, not soon enough. Tear in half and shake them out. daveA
I have been composting loose tea along with teas bags for years. I have never found any tea bags remnants in my compost. The bags are just paper that quickly breaks down.
Andrew in Kansas City

thats a good question, ive been composting my coffe with the filter and have had good luck,lucas
On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 17:49:22 -0400, ds549 wrote:

You're right. I should have thought that non-biodegradable tea bags and coffee filters are not to be found any more. daveA
--
The only technical exercises for all guitarists worth a lifetime
of practice: "Dynamic Guitar Technique". Nothing else is close.

Keep the remnants in a large coffee can. I let the coffee dry out overnight with the coffee filter holder open to the side. Tea bags generally take about 3 days to dry out in an AC cooled house, may take longer for those without. Biweekly, I take these to the mulch side of the garden and shake out the contents. The paper goes to the burn pit, live in a rural area.