compost

I have acompost bin, and I want to speed things slong. I was thinking of a commercial accelerant, but would rather use something cheeper, besides the usual kitchen waste. Any tips? Aldo should I put air holes in the bottom side panels of the bin for circulation? Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 19, 9:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I bought a 40 pound bag of dried molasses for about $10, and put a few handfuls in my compost bin. Within days, the compost almost caught on fire, and turned from leaves to black compost in less than a month. Guess it was hungry.
Add pictures here
✖

Thanks will give it a try. Where did you get yours?
Add pictures here
✖
When I want to get my going I turn it really well, then water it and cover it. You should be able to fee heat from it by the next day.
I don't think you need to add anything, all the ingredients are already there - except elbow grease. Just try turning it more often.
Good luck!
http://www.theGardenPages.com
Add pictures here
✖
Any tips? Aldo should I put air

Yes, you need holes in the sides for air circulation. You can drill them a few inches apart.
Also, the bottom of the barrell and it should be resting on the earth, not concrete.
Add pictures here
✖