Clover

OK - Lysol. If you use that in a place where your kids are likely to be rolling around and making constant skin contact, like a lawn, you are an idiot and your kids should be taken away from you and placed in a home with parents who didn't take the short bus to school.

Now - onward: Meanwhile: Here's the source of the toxicology data for the chemicals at that web site. Do I need to explain the significance of this information, or can you extrapolate on your own?

INDUSTRY TASK FORCE II ON 2,4-D RESEARCH DATA B-26 Cedar Point Villas Swansboro, NC 28584 Information Line: U.S. and Canada (800) 345-5109 FAX (252) 393-6327

What does this information mean to you? And while we're at it, how old are you? Your age is crucial to this discussion.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

things. "

cleaning

them?

Lysol is a neurotoxin. Most neurologists recommend against using it, especially around anyone who might be vulnerable (the elderly, disabled, children, people with compromised immune systems, other illnesses, etc). When you inhale the particles, it goes directly into your system. One doesn't need to ingest such products to be harmed by them. It's fairly well understood in the medical community that the increase in toxins, pollutants, chemical products, etc over the years has had a summative and cumulative effect on the general health of the population.

Jo

Reply to
Jo

your head either way.

The Kernels Chicken has been rumored to give lab rats cancer, everytime they give them three times their body weight of dark meat too.

What's a mother to do?

Reply to
Steveo

Is that a pre or post emergent?

Reply to
Steveo

"OK - Lysol. If you use that in a place where your kids are likely to be rolling around and making constant skin contact, like a lawn, you are an idiot and your kids should be taken away from you and placed in a home with parents who didn't take the short bus to school. "

So it's ok to spray lysol around inside the house, in confined places like the bathroom, or in musty clothes closets, where its' typically used, but not ok to use on the lawn. Glad you cleared that up for us. At least now you recogize that there are a lot of products used in and around the home that haven't been tested by feeding them to humans, as you require to prove safety.

Regarding the short bus comment, most civilized people find remarks like that directed at handicapped people offensive, but coming from you, it's no surprise.

"And while we're at it, how old are you? Your age is crucial to this discussion. "

Old enough to know a bigoted moron when I see one.

Reply to
trader4

Just bigoted? Kanter's an extra special moron. Of the asswipe variety.

Reply to
G Henslee

Fall in love with your yard chemicals if you like. Just be aware that out of each container, the only part that's tested in ANY way (probably with lab rats) is the small amount called "active ingredient". The rest is exempt, even though it consists of items already KNOWN to be dangerous to humans. That's why it's exempt.

I'm sorry to keep attacking your family business this way, but you're obviously too young to have been exposed to 35-40 years worth of information on this subject. Your ignorance is appalling.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"I'm sorry to keep attacking your family business this way, but you're obviously too young to have been exposed to 35-40 years worth of information on this subject. Your ignorance is appalling. "

No need to apologize to me Doug. I'm not in the lawn care business. But perhaps you should appologize to the handicapped for insulting them in this thread a couple posts back. Or to pet owners for advocating poisoning neighbors pets who wander into your yard. As for me being ignorant, perhaps you should go read some of your own posts, like this gem from the beginning of this thread:

"Slow down with the weird remedies. I've read in multiple agricultural sources that clover indicates either a nutrient imbalance or a problem with pH. Both are easy to deal with, without using any sort of chemical nonsense (other than lime and/or the right lawn food). "

Yeah, right, clover indicates a nutrient or PH imbalance. And this coming from the jerk who claims he's the expert on organic lawn care. Most anyone that has anything to do with lawns knows that clover co-exists quite happily in lawns with the exact same PH and nutrients as grass. Even kids who play in the park know it exists in lots of lawns together with grass. Plus, if you knew anything about organic lawn care, you'd know that people actually use clover in organic lawns, as it fixes nitrogen into the soil, as an alternative to fertilizer. So, you can fiddle with PH and nutrients till the cows come home and the clover will still be there. Got it? Class dismissed!

Reply to
trader4

The difference is that with products you use at home, you have a CHOICE about using them, and how they're used. With agricultural chemicals, you have NO choice. The decision is made for you, not only as to their presence, but also whether the ones used are safe. Get it?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"The difference is that with products you use at home, you have a CHOICE about using them, and how they're used. With agricultural chemicals, you have NO choice. The decision is made for you, not only as to their presence, but also whether the ones used are safe. Get it? "

Nice non-response. Must I smash this nonsense too? You are one of those guys that thinks he's one of the smart elite and everyone else is too dumb to read a label or make a choice. You think the rest of us need someone else to figure this out and make the choices for us. Some folks really concerned about making the best choice for us, like farmers and the DOA, who are more concerned with shipping cows, than seriously looking for mad cow. Only a couple years ago farmers were selling downer cattle that couldn't even stand up for human food. Even now, in the US, 1 in 90 cattle are tested for mad cow, while in Japan it's 100% and in Europe, it's 1 in 4. Or the folks that pump cattle full of hormones to fatten their profits. But THEY must know what's good for the rest of us when it comes to using a chemical, right? And they make those choices without regard to what's most cost effective or easiest for them right? LOL!

The funniest part about this is all one has to do is take a look at the BS you posted about clover presence in a lawn being a problem with PH or nutrients to see how knowledgable and well informed you really are about things that you profess to know. That must be why you keep asking people how old they are, so you can find a suitable 10 year old to believe your rantings.

Reply to
trader4

Sorry I disturbed your sleep.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

From here, the Extension Toxicology Network (ExToxNet), it appears it has been tested, including on humans:

This, by the way, is usually where I get my pesticide info.

Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O

Aw, c'mon. Does proving one's point have to include snipping at each other? I'm the first to admit that I enjoy wisecracks, sarcasm and snappy reparte among close friends, but it doesn't work here.

Suzy O, self-appointed resident proxy mom

Reply to
Suzy O

Say what?

Suzy O