Circular Donuts on lawn

I live in Oklahoma and have U3 Bermuda. I have these rings on my lawn after cutting the grass. I raised the lawnmower blade on my push mower and the rings are still there. Any ideas???? My blade is sharp. My wheels are set even.

Reply to
Steve

Just a guess.. cutting deck's not level.

Reply to
Steveo

Yes. It took me awhile to figure that the front "link" that holds up the deck had broken. Although the mower is 15+ years old, Sears was able to supply a replacement, but it wasn't an exact replacement and I had to drill out two holes.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

My neighbors tractor was doing the same thing..I asked him why he was giving the worms hair cuts. He said he had the deck on the highest setting..We found the same thing you're talking about, deck was hanging from a broken support.

Reply to
Steveo

Reply to
Steve

It's a disease. Unfortunately I know nothing about U3 Bermuda or I would attempt to help you with this one.

Peter H

Reply to
Peter H

Reply to
Steve

Steve...

We need a little better description of the "rings".

Are the rings from an uneven cut which means the grass is of different lengths? Or are the rings a darker green circle with the center appearing more brown? An uneven cut would be a mower problem but the darker green circle could be a "fairy ring" caused by a fungus.

Reply to
KK

I have the same problem. My lawn was sodded last year and it is still not completely level. When I use the push mower, it bounces up and down and the blade will drop too low sometimes and cut a circle into the lawn.

Reply to
husker