Chipper problem

I have a Briggs & Stratton chipper/shredder and am having a problem with it. The engine runs fine throughout the rpm range but as soon as I begin to chip the engine dies and will not restart for several minutes. When I finally get it restarted it dies again instantly. It behaves like the choke is sticking. Thanx for any help, T.
when it dies, can you get the engine to turn or does the engine seem stuck ?
TC wrote:

The engine turns over as normal and there is a spark from the spark plug. If you wait a few minutes it will restart very easy.

?
it.
chip
get
sticking.

I am the one asking for advice.

pay no attention to stevoboy. he is this newsgroups nuisence. its best to killfile/filter his posts.
you have not told me the age of the mower or what you have done to remedy this.
Is the gas clean? fuel and air filters clean? spark plugs clean? if they are all clean, sound like a fuel or air supply problem... Like Larry said, you might have a stoppage in the carb somewhere. Pull the carb off and clean out and blow out what ya can. Have you been adjusting any screws on the carb? How is the engine oil ? If you find no oil in the crankcase, you most likely are seizing the engine...
TC wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@mthis.edu wrote:

If you find no oil in the

More useless advice from the NG putz. Have you checked the oil level?
What a dumbass.
I've already figured he was useless. I'll try the carb cleaning first as soon as I get a chance. Thanx so far. BTW the gas is fresh and the oil level is ok.

seem

Useless is the dumbass who top posts the obvious. Looks like you fit that mold too.
snipped-for-privacy@mthis.edu wrote:

No reply yet, putz? Maybe he should check the air in the tires?
TC, It sounds like your carb is gummed up. I'd pull the carb, clean it up and reinstall.

it.
chip
get
sticking.