Chemical help needed

I am having no success in getting rid of the clover in my lawn. I have used 2 year old Clover Killer that never worked when new. . . . . .Can anyone reccommend a tank spray type clover killer that I could use? I live at 5200 ft asl and have an extremely short growing season. . . . . Also, the only 'Broadleaf Weed Killer', I have success with I have to mix much stronger than the directions, or it does not work at all. And then it kills the grass too. Again anyone know of a tank spray type Broadleaf Killer that may suit me?. . . . . in advance thanks. . charlie

Reply to
Pintlar

************************************8 . . . .thanks for the reply. Weed-b-Gone in the 1 gallon packaged spray kit works fine on dandelions, but I'm not too sure how the bulk W-b-gone I mix is working. It will take a few more days. I mixed some older 'Broadleaf killer 1.5 stronger than directed, as the factory directions had no effect at all. It now is a great total killer. Grass too.
Reply to
Pintlar

some don't show up for a week or more. depends upon how actively the plants are growing, heat, rain, etc.

well, when you don't follow directions...

1.5 stronger...

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Best results occurr when the plant is actively growing. If it is too hot or too cold or too dry the plant is not growing.

Reply to
Pat

Don't know why the OP is having problems killing broadleaf weeds. I've used the same product, WeedBGone for years and it's been very effective when mixed and used as directed. It kills most weeds in one application. Some require a second application about 2 weeks later. I apply it with a tank sprayer.

Clover is harder to kill, but again I've used the Ortho Clover/Oxalis killer and it's worked well.

Reply to
trader4

I watch the deer and woodchucks eat the clover all day. I figure if I leave the clover there, they won't eat the desirable plants

Reply to
willshak

I used Bayer Advanced All in One this year. Wow. Took out everything but the grass. I'll swear by it, for everything including white and hop clovers, wild strawberry, everything. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

I'll have to try that. I thought I was the only one with wild strawberries growing in my lawn. Last week I screwed up and only mixed the Ortho WeedBGone Max at 1/3 the strength. I didn't think it would do much of anything. I was quite surprised. It whacked just about all the regular broadleaf weeds and so far has had a severe impact on the crabgrass too. It affected the strawberries and clover to some extent, but probably not enough to kill them.

Reply to
trader4

I just applied the last 2 grams of Permit from a small amount that a friend had given me years ago. Those few grams went a long way. So just started looking for nutsedge treatment and was surprised how expensive it is. It's like $10 or $20 a gram. Seems it's priced just like the stuff the guys on the street corners sell. I think I'll need a second application because I let it get out of control last year.

Reply to
trader4

You are. Mine are toast. (on the first app, btw). =)

Grab the blue bottle, dood. I only have it, and a bottle of ready-to-spray Spectracide non-selective (for a small strip of landscape rocks in a bed by the street) in my arsenal this year. That's all I've used, and all I've needed to use this year. The ONLY thing that the Bayer doesn't work on, is nutsedge. It hasn't been much of a problem in my yard this year, and I just pull it from beds. I'm glad, too. Sedgehammer's too frigin expensive to keep on hand. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

When I was a kid, we had a clover lawn (on purpose, per my dad). I didn't understand that until later in my life, when I learned about legumes. If you're gonna have a weed, it'd have to be clover. =)

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly