Checked tie rod ends

I was surprised today when I checked some of my tractors for adjustable tie rod ends. My big Wheelhorse (1989, 20 hp Onan twin) does not have them and neither does my older Cub Cadet GT. My 1980s JD 110 does have them and so does my 80's Agway 16HP twin (Murray). I really thought all the older machines had them.