Cats!!!

Hi. My cat has taken to $#!TTing in the garden as opposed to the woods where he used to go. How can I keep him outta' there?
tia
Why would you want to stop it? It's just extra fertilizer. If you really want it to stop, prestone comes to mind, but then I'm not a big fan of cats. You could also install a sandbox for the kids. I'm sure the cat would prefer that.
Seriously though, the cat is going to go wherever the easiest place to dig is. Your challenge is to make your garden a harder place for the cat to dig than where you want it to crap. Landscaping cloth with a good layer of coarse cedar mulch should work or you could use decorative gravel. There are pet repellents which you can buy, but I haven't had much luck with them lasting very long. Black pepper seems to work as a temporary solution. I put whole black pepper corns in my potted plants to keep my dogs from digging in them.

LOL! Too true.

Counseling will work as well as anything.
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:59:46 GMT, "William W. Plummer"

thanks