Can someone identify this grass please

Hi,
I've found some patches of grass that grow really fast and I wonder if someone could identify it for me please.
How to get rid of it would be nice to know too.
Pictures are here:
http://www.baldman.eclipse.co.uk/Oddgrass/page.html
Thanks in advance, Steven

Does it look like this when left to just grow?
http://imgplace.com/image/view/412568322472f2bd38fe6bb4a4c05a64
If so, then it's dallisgrass which I'm trying to get rid of. No solution for this as I'm still struggling with it.
twitch

It looks like a rough undesirable grass, possibly poa trivialis, rough stalk bluegrass. The bad news is, with the grass type weed problem, the usual broadleaf weedkillers are ineffective, because it's a grass, not a weed. And often there is no available effective herbicide at all. You may have to use Roundup on it and then re-seed.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 04:49:22 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

It's certainly an undesirable, but the pictures of poa trivialis I've just seen via Google don't look like mine.
I think the Roundup method is probably the way to go.
Thanks.
Steven
On 24 Jun 2008 19:21:13 -0700, Twitchell

I think you've nailed it.
Roundup and re-seed I think.
Thanks.
Steven
Steven Wayne wrote:

back. maybe there is a time during tthe year when the desirable grass is dormant and this is not. if so hit it with roundup then.