Can seeds be used next year?

I have some left over heirloom tomato seeds as well as a few assorted vegetables. Can these be used next spring? Even the minimum order of seeds is far more than I can plant in my little yard.

Yes. As long as you store them in a dry place aroung room temp or lower. Wouldn't put them in a damp place, attic, etc.
On Wed, 26 May 2010 04:34:30 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Thanks. Basement it is. Fairly dry and cool.
dgk said:

Most (but not all) types of vegetable seeds can be saved and used the next year. Some will last for several years.
Here's a list of longevity for "well stored" seeds of various vegetables (see other replies for storage information):
http://growingtaste.com/storage.shtml
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

Thanks, they should be fine over the winter. I'll buy some other varieties next year and also seed the ones I have left over this year. I gave my extras away to a few friends and on Freecycle and there were plenty of people who wanted some even after I ran out.
It's pretty easy to grow the seeds so my plan for next year is to grow far more than I did this year, and just give the extras away on Freecycle. It really doesn't cost much and I have a big bag of potting soil left over. I guess that will be good next year as well.
Pat Kiewicz said:
[...]

Thanks for that. I found out this year that peanuts don't keep. =/
Good list, tho! =)
--

Eggs

A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble,
Pat Kiewicz wrote:
[....]

thanks for sharing this link....