can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it

Can heavy duty trucks driving on your lawn damage it?
princess wrote:

Of course they can. They compact the soil, and in a greater sense, cause ruts when the ground is wet. My neighbor had a heavy septic cleaner truck roll across the lawn and it sunk so deep in the soil that it had to be towed out.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
replying to willshak , passerby wrote:

Perhaps she meant if there could be some permanent irreparable damage, like the soil gets compacted so much that nothing ever grows on it or some other such concern. It just sounds like a no-brainer that there would be *some* damage, but the extent of the damage is a valid question.
message

One Sunday morning, I went out and saw that a car had driven over the curb at my house, across the front yard then back onto the street. Same thing at several other houses. Knucklehead kids probably. Anyway it left tire tracks in most of the yards that disappeared on their own after a week or so.
Guv Bob wrote:

Are you saying that a heavy truck won't damage the lawn any more than a car?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

the curb at my house, across the front yard then back onto the street. Same thing at several other houses. Knucklehead kids probably. Anyway it left tire tracks in most of the yards that disappeared on their own after a week or so.

a car?
No. This is just an example to consider.
Obviously, Heavy trucks damage our lawns badly. they have so broad tyres and to much heavy in weight. they thrust into the ground because the gardens are soft.
--
Alex Hopper

message

There will be some damage. If the ground is very wet and soft the truck may leave ruts in the yard that will have to be addressed if you want them out. If the truck looses traction and the wheels spin, it will often kill the grass in that spot.
If the ground is dry and hard, there will not be much damage and it may not even be noticed after a good soaking rain.
Right now I live in the middle of NC and it has rained almost every day for about 3 weeks. Even my riding lawn mower is leaving some ruts in the yard when I mow, but after several days they seem to be gone.