Can anyone identify this flower?

For the second year in a row, this plant has flowered in my garden. I don't remember planting it and have no idea what it is or how it got there. Pretty sure it's not a weed though.

It only started flowering a week ago but is in a very shady location, sort of a hosta-type area for sunlight. Am considering replanting it to a sunnier location next spring if it will tolerate more sun.

There's a picture of it at:

circe

You could also try rec.gardens and alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Reply to
carbuff

Reply to
Stubby

Looks like a wild tiger lily

Reply to
Rose P64

It's a variety Japanese Toad Lily (_Trycirtis_ species, possibly T. hirta). Best in a woodland or part-shade garden (morning sun rather than afternoon sun).

An assortment of Toad Lilies to look at here (scroll down):

have some growing along my brick path, along with other shade plants, and it's blooming right now.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz