Burnt My Grass with Weed and Feed

Hello,
I've burnt parts of my lawn by using a spray type weed and feed. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to encourage the now yellow parts of my grass to come back. I'm debating getting some top dressing and mixing is with grass seed but I was trying to avoid that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Watering heavily at the first signs of burning is the best you can do to try to lessen it. Depending on where you are, it's likely too late to seed now, wait for fall. Plus, if you have excess weed killer on the lawn, seeding isn't going to be effective.

Ok great.....thank you! :o)

Just give it a few heavy waterings - it'll recover if you haven't actually killed it already and cost you no more money for chemicals.
-- Brian "posting from Sutton, winner of The English And Welsh Village Of The Year Award"

Oh good.......that's what I'm doing already. Thanks Brian! :o)