bulbs

I have just had a house built last year and where I used to live I had a garden of daffodil bulbs. I still have access to them and would like to move them to the new location. Can I move them now? They have already bloomed and died. All that is left is the green stems. I know you need to leave the green foliage on so the bulbs can get nourishment from the sun. Any ideas? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
raizn4kids wrote:

After the leaves and stems of my daffodil turned brown last summer, I dug up the bulbs, separated the bulblets from the mother bulbs and put them all in a cardboard box in my garage. I replanted all of them last fall and leaves began coming up a week or two ago.
Good question.
If I might add to it, is it preferred to store bulbs through the summer in a basement or garage (as Doug G suggests) or leave them in the ground? I live in North Carolina - zone 7.
Thanks! Frank