Brush hogging with the Old Sears

Used the old (1974) Sears ST16 tractor ( like their Suburban) to do a little mowing / brush hogging today. It's a tough old brute. First gear in low range and the 16 hp with heavy duty deck will go through almost anything. I was into some weeds & briars over a foot tall and the old girl just kept chuggin away. Gotta change the drag link (tie rod to steering bell) though. The one I recently put on it was a jury rigged deal, bends aren't right, and it binds turning left. Makes mowing a little tricky when you are virtually limited to right turns. I have the original fixed so I can put that back on - and avoid spending a few thousand for a new one for another year.

Reply to
Srgnt Bilko